Valentine’s Day: the day couples celebrate their love. Couples, mind you. And couples have a special sort of love that family and friends don’t– romantic love. Which is basically a fancy way of saying sex.
Yes, Valentine’s is the day of sex. That doesn’t mean that “romance” doesn’t have a place in it. Of course it does. When you love a person (i.e. you care about them and desire them), you want to show them that love. Hence the romantic gestures and gifts. This shows you care. It follows, of course, that you also want to show your love by banging them. This shows that you desire them. Ah, love!
So, there are the usual gifts on Valentine’s that you give to show that you care: flowers, chocolates, candy, cards, stuffies, jewellery. These are great and are appreciated by both sexes. Of course, you can buy these kinds of gifts for your mom as well. She’ll also love and appreciate them.
But what about showing that you desire your partner? Here’s a few gift ideas to show that special kind of love; gifts that you should never, ever buy your mom:
1. Massage oils: Massage is an excellent way to get in a relaxed and sensual mood on Valentine’s. There are dozens of videos online that teach basic sensual massage techniques. The Kama Sutra line of sensual oils, body paints, and the like can be found in almost any local sex store. Personally, I like using coconut oil for massage, which can be purchased at any health food store. Not only is it edible, natural and delicious smelling, but it also makes a good lube too (NOT if you use latex condoms however– oil will break latex down).
2) Sexy wear: Lingerie is a great classic Valentine’s gift for women. However, as sweet as another teddy or negligee may be, sometimes it’s good to think outside the box. There’s so much sex wear out there for both guys and girls– body netting, corsets, leather outfits, costumes, garters and stockings– the list is endless. Feeling sexy is key to good sex, and everybody loves looking hot in bed.
3) Basic bondage: Bondage may bring up some jarring hardcore BDSM associations. However, basic bondage does not have to be painful at all, and can be a fun, new activity to spice up your sex life. Love cuffs– handcuffs lined with soft fabric to keep the metal from hurting the wrists– and a satin blindfold are a great way to start, and can be found at any sex store. Another gentle and painless way to restrain your partner is with Japanese silk love rope. If you want to be a bit more adventurous, you can also try out ball gags, collars, leashes, ticklers and whips. Though a whip may sound painful, many of the cheap, thin little latex whips don’t hurt at all and give a delicious shivering sensation when ran lightly up the skin.
4) Erotica: Buying raunchy porn for your partner screams anything but romance. However, there are a lot of classy, sexy videos and books out there that both of you can enjoy. Erotica can take a lot of pressure off in the bedroom, and can be very arousing for you and your partner. Another great gift idea is to get sexy pictures taken by a professional photographer for your partner’s enjoyment, or you can pay to have pictures or videos done together.
5) Sex games: Sex games are useful in pushing a couple toward exploring their sexuality. This is especially helpful if you are too shy or embarrassed to suggest trying new things. Love coupons are the most basic type of sex game; these can be a fun way to offer sexual favors, especially things neither of you have tried before. Then the power is in your partner’s hands for trying something different out without pressure.
Now go out and have yourself a sexy Valentine’s!